For standard terms and conditions please click here.
Covid-19 Student Regulations for sitting exams
During this time we are taking extra steps and imposing additional regulations to ensure student and staff safety. Please read the regulations below carefully. By booking an exam with us you are agreeing to these revised Terms and Conditions. Failure to abide by the rules on the day of your exam will result in you being asked to leave.
Covid-19 specific instructions
Steps we are taking:
- Throughout the building, you will see areas for hand sanitising please make use of these.
- Signage has been put in place to instruct you on maintaining social distancing, please follow these instructions.
- We have will be running exams in our 2 largest classrooms to ensure social distancing can be maintained.
- If you arrive late you will be refused entry to your exam
- All staff and students will be asked to wear face coverings such as a mask or face shield while on site. Face coverings for students will NOT be provided by First Intuition. You will not be permitted to enter the building without a face covering.
- Air conditioning will not be used (please be prepared that this may result in the exam room being hotter than usual).
- Where possible doors are propped open to reduce touchpoints and windows will be kept open to improve fresh airflow.
- Cleaning will be carried out between each exam sitting.
- The kitchen facilities will be closed. You will be allowed to bring with you water in a clear bottle to have in the exam room.
Booking your exam:
You must not book or attend an exam if you have these symptoms:
- High temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- New, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- Loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
You should also not book an exam or attend an exam if you are or should be self-isolating for any reason including:
- Anyone with the above symptoms should self-isolate for 7 days from when their symptoms started.
- Anyone who does not have the above symptoms should self-isolate for 14 days from when the first person in your home started having the above symptoms
- If you, or anyone in your household, or support bubble, is awaiting results of a coronavirus test
You should also confirm with your employer that attending an onsite exam is permitted within your organisation policy for working/training arrangements during this period.
Arriving for your exam:
- Please only bring with you what you need for your exam (pens, pencils, calculator and a form of photo ID) as storage for personal items will be extremely limited. We are also asking that all students wear face coverings such as a mask or face shield to assist with infection control. You will not be permitted to enter the building without a face covering.
- You will not be permitted to enter the building until 10 minutes before the start time of your exam.
- If you arrive late you will be refused entry to your exam.
- You will be asked to enter the building using the REAR entrance that is located at the back of the building and accessed by walking through the staff car park area. Please note there is no car parking available for students/apprentices at ANY time.
- When entering the building please ensure you maintain social distancing (refer to signage throughout the building).
- Use the ‘Entering hand sanitisation station’ on entrance to the building.
- You must proceed immediately to the 1st floor and follow signage to show the invigilator your ID through the glass screen before proceeding to the exam room and your desk.
- If you need anything during your exam you must raise your hand to attract the attention of your invigilator.
- Where applicable result slips will be sent to you via e-mail
- Classrooms and common areas will not be accessible at this time and so we ask that you vacate the building as soon as you have finished your exam via the back entrance.
To remain current regarding Coronavirus in relation to your studies please refer https://www.firstintuition.co.uk/fihub/corona-virus. For general information regarding Coronavirus please refer to https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public
Special Arrangements will apply if you need to cancel or move your exam as you are unwell and/or have been asked to self-isolate.
Moving Exams: Students will be allowed to move exams at any point up to 8.30am on the day of the exam. You can do this yourself directly through Booking Live up to 5 days before the exam or if it is after this time (but before 8.30am on the day of the exam) please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancelling Exams: Students will be allowed to cancel exams and request a full refund as long as this done before 8.30am on the day of the exam. This cannot be done through Booking Live so please contact us at email@example.com.
This will apply from 29 June 2020 to 30 September 2020 period initially but will be extended as necessary to future months while social distancing/guidance on self-isolation remains in place.
You must bring with you any pens, pencils and calculators you wish to use as well as a form of photo ID. You will be allowed to bring with you water in a clear bottle to have in the exam room but kitchen facilities will not be in use so you must fill this up before arriving.
Digital watches will now be banned in the same way as mobile phones. If you bring a digital watch with you you will be asked to leave it with your belongings and not have it at your desk.
Students sitting tax exams should ensure they are prepared for the correct Finance Act.
Should you have any special requirements such as additional time, not able to use the stairs, etc, then you must inform us of this when you book each exam.
You will not be allowed to leave the exam room unsupervised at any time during your exam.
If you have any questions before your exam please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This site is managed by First Intuition Chelmsford (referred to as "First Intuition/we/our/us"). We are registered in England under company registration number 08559143 with our registered office at First Intuition Chelmsford, First Floor Aquila House, Waterloo Lane, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 1BN, England. Our VAT number is 166 5054 05.
By booking on the First Intuition website, the user has agreed to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
1 Payment terms
1.1 Exam bookings must be paid for in full at time of booking by valid debit/credit card.
1.2 All payments are non-refundable.
1.3 Valid voucher codes can be used to discount product prices within the checkout stage.
2 Booking and registration
2.1 It is the responsibility of the person making the booking to ensure that the person sitting the exam is eligible to sit the selected exam on the date selected, that they are appropriate for their needs and the information provided is correct and accurate.
2.2 Any change in the customers’ contact details must be notified by emailing email@example.com.
2.3 First Intuition does not accept responsibility for registering customers with professional bodies for entry for the relevant written exams.
2.4 Exam bookings are not transferable between customers.
2.5 It is the responsibility of the person making the booking for the Using Accounting Software exam to ensure that the participant is aware that SAGE One is the accounting package used for the examination at First Intuition Chelmsford. No help can provided or refunds given for students who are not familiar with this package.
3. Computer Based and Other Examination fees
3.1 The displayed costs for each examination includes the examination fee and First Intuition administration and invigilation fee.
3.2 All exam fees are mandatory and non-negotiable.
3.3 Exam fees do not include the cost of registration with professional bodies.
4. Cancellations and Amendments
4.1 You can amend the date and time of your booking for free anytime up until 9am four full days before the exam date (the Cut Off). After the Cut Off, your booking cannot be amended and your exam fee will not be refunded. Please note for any ACCA exams with extra time requirements, the Cut Off date is 3 weeks prior to the exam date. This is because 3 weeks notice must be given to the ACCA to set up the exam with additional time and once the exam has been set it cannot be moved.
4.2 Any payments made for an exam booking will not be refunded in the event of a cancellation.
4.3 Amendments to exam bookings made before the Cut Off only relate to the date/time the exam can be sat and can be amended online within the customer's My Account. You cannot amend the unit/paper/venue that you have booked at any time.
4.4 There is no limit to the number of times a booking can be amended up until the Cut Off.
5.1 The liability of First Intuition for direct losses arising out of its negligence (other than in respect of liability for death or personal injury), breach of contract or any other cause of action arising out of or in connection with this agreement is limited to the value of monies received from the customer (or their employer) for the booking.
5.2 First Intuition shall not be liable for any consequential or indirect loss, howsoever arising.
First Intuition accepts no responsibility for anything that is lost or stolen from its premises. Personal possessions are the sole responsibility of the customer and customers are advised to keep valuable belongings with them at all times.
7 Data protection
7.1 The customer agrees to allow First Intuition to retain information and use it to:
- communicate with the customer to perform their obligations under this agreement;
- inform customers about courses, products and services which may be of interest;
- provide feedback to customers on their progress and exam performance
- communicate with the customer’s employer regarding their progress, results and attendance.
7.2 Customers have the right to receive details of personal information held about them in return for a fee of £25.
7.3 If the customer does not wish to receive correspondence from First Intuition a written request should be made to the registered office (First Floor, Aquila House, Waterloo Lane, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 1BN).
8. Intellectual property
8.1 All intellectual property rights in all materials and online resources supplied by First Intuition is expressly reserved. Any unauthorised duplication, publication or distribution is strictly prohibited.
8.2 The customer agrees to fully indemnify First Intuition in respect of any infringement of intellectual property right as contained in 9.1.
If any provision of this agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable the remaining provisions shall not be affected and shall be carried out as closely as possible according to the original intent.
This agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the law of England and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts for the determination of disputes arising under this agreement.